Sunday, December 21, 2014

Woke Up Ready!

This morning, I woke up ready to get going! Not on anything in particular, just on life.

This is worth mentioning because of the serious sleep deprivation and fatigue problems I've had over the past several months. I generally stay up til 10 or 11 and don't fall asleep until 11 or 12. Then I wake up 2 or 3 times in the night, plus my daughter sometimes comes in my room and wakes me up. Then the senior dog starts barking, sometimes as early as 5am, but always by 7, and I feel just exhausted and get up dragging and wishing I could stay in bed one more hour. But not today.

Today I woke up on my own, just before 7, and felt awake and ready to take on the day. I felt positive. And I don't even remember waking up once in the night, either. It was the best night of sleep I've had in weeks, maybe months. I believe this improvement in sleep quality is due to the change in my eating habits. Lower carb, higher protein, better nutrition, level blood sugar. That's what I think.

I got a lot done again today, but even more important, it was joyful. I am ready to have my joyful life back. I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment