Tuesday, July 28, 2015

New Medifast Chewy Bars Review

About a week ago, Medifast introduced two new meals to its lineup: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars, and Cookie Dough Chewy Bars. They sent me a couple of boxes to review:

Medifast Chewy Bars

Each bar is considered a meal on the Medifast diet plan and contains the correct ratio of protein/carbs/fat/fiber along with an appropriate amount of vitamins and minerals to fit into the Medifast plan. Like other Medifast meals, they come 7 to a box and are individually wrapped. Medifast already has an extensive line of Crunch Bars in many flavors, and they're really good. These are a completely new texture... soft and chewy. I expected them to be like other protein bars I've had that are on the market. I'm not a fan of most commercial protein bars so I wasn't sure if I'd like these. But I did! They are softer and chewier than other protein bars I've tried and have a really great texture that reminds me of caramel. In fact, the Cookie Dough bar tasted very much like vanilla caramel to me. But I like the Peanut Butter bar better; it just had a richer flavor. Here's the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar, unwrapped and cut:

Medifast Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar

Yum, right? It really is. Actually, these bars might be slightly triggering for me. After I eat a Medifast meal I am usually satisfied and go about my day not thinking about food. With these, there is a lingering "I want another one" thought. It's easily dismissed, but they are so good that this is the one Medifast meal I could see myself overdoing. I'll be saving them for a special treat.

The bars have very similar nutritional profiles so I will just share the stats for the Peanut Butter flavor. One bar contains 110 calories, 3 g fat, 15 g carbs, 11 g protein, and 5 g fiber.


Disclosure: I receive free product in order to evaluate and comment on my experiences on the Medifast Program. Medifast products and the Medifast Program are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. Any medical improvements noted while on the program are related to weight loss in general, and not to Medifast products or programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment