Sunday, December 21, 2014

Relief

Today has been much, much better so far. I sent a few faxes, and now I don't have anything I really have to do until after Christmas. Well, I have to do laundry today for sure and maybe some dishes, but I mean I don't have anything else urgent or pressing that I have to worry about right now. Appointments are made, prescriptions are filled, and school is out. I can relax. I even got a call from the rheumatologist and set an appointment for late January, the soonest he can see me. So that's out of the way, too. So today I can just have fun and bake cookies with my daughter and wrap presents to put under the tree. I'm sipping a cup of black coffee and eating a Medifast muffin in front of that tree right now. So nice and calm! What a relief. My feet even stopped hurting today! I have no idea why, because they were killing me for two days. Maybe the physical therapy is working after all.

Last night after a super long and stressful day, I got home too late to cook as planned and had to wing it. My dinner was leftover broccoli and three hard boiled eggs. Tonight I will be cooking what I meant to cook yesterday: lean turkey meatballs simmered in low sugar spaghetti sauce (from a jar this time) over spaghetti squash. The kids hate squash so they will have theirs over whole grain pasta.

The scale still says 211, but maybe with rest and lowered stress I will at least get to see a pound gone by weigh-in on Sunday. If not, I'll just keep going.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment