Thursday, December 18, 2014

Weigh In and Plan

Feeling MUCH better today, physically and emotionally! I think yesterday's ick was probably sugar withdrawal more than anything, and now I am out the other side and things should get easier again.

Today is day 5 on plan. I started back on Medifast on Wednesday weighing 214. Today I am down 6 pounds to 208. I do feel less bloated. It is nice when the bloat/water retention from sugar and tons of carbs goes away. The ache in my hands and feet goes away with it. What a relief.

So yes, now I have a long term plan which I posted about a couple of times this week. I intend to switch to that plan when I feel ready. My goal right now is to get through the cookie baking, fudge making, Christmas candy laden next two weeks without gaining weight. I chose to go back on Medifast during this time because after a week or so on plan, my binge urges get so much weaker. The food obsession fades. I am hoping this will hold true and I can just ride it out and lose weight through the holidays. If and when I feel I cannot stick with it any longer, I have my lifetime plan ready. I feel much more confident having a structured way of eating. I start getting nervous and eating too much of the wrong things and not enough of the right things without that structure. I have NEVER lost weight without structure.

Something I am starting right now: focusing on vegetables. I have been in a rut with the same canned green beans and mashed cauliflower and spinach lately. I had forgotten about all the other delicious offerings that are out there this time of year, most especially kale. I love kale! So this week's grocery list will include a trip to my favorite produce section which has a lot of local organic stuff as well as good quality veggies in season from other locations. I will be getting some kale and looking around for something new to try. I want to try some new recipes to post as well.

Starting in January when the kids go back to school, I will have a structured exercise plan. Regardless of whether I continue Medifast through January or transition to my new lifetime plan, I will have a calendar marked with appointments for my exercise, including walking, indoor biking, and weight lifting. I will be starting small because I have been quite sedentary lately and I don't want to injure myself, but I think a long walk, 10 minutes of biking per day, and weight lifting for 10 minutes 3x/week is a good start. I can work up from there. The PT exercises should be in there somewhere. Maybe mixed in with the lifting at first. If it is too overwhelming I won't do it.

That's all for now. Have a great, healthy day!


*FTC-required disclosure: Medifast provided me with its products for my personal use for free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. Medifast states an "average weight loss of up to 2 to 5 pounds a week."*

No comments:

Post a Comment