Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Wish

Today I was thinking about all the people who aren't happy today. I know the holidays are difficult for many. It's a memory-laden time of year filled with long, dark, cold days; it's the time of year my father died. But for me, I think my kids really make it better... make it happy. For others, perhaps being with their parents or siblings, nieces and nephews is what brings them joy. But there are people out there who don't have anybody, and I was thinking about that today. Yes, the holidays are (at least for some) about a more spiritual or religious reason for joy, but the bottom line is, for many it is a very lonely and difficult time of year.

I guess I was thinking about this because I love to come here and tell you about all the happiness we are sharing in our home... I have all of my kids here except one, who is out of state at college and working. I feel very blessed and I love to talk about my kids. But I know the heartache of being alone for Christmas. I just wanted to say, you are not alone. I care about you even though I don't know you personally. If your heart is hurting this Christmas... if you're lonely or sad, mourning or depressed... please know I care. I am not the most religious person in the world, but I pray for your peace. I pray for the easing of your pain. If tomorrow is a painful day for you for whatever reason, please just know someone out there is thinking of you and wishing a better season for you next year, and the next.

Hugs... and I do wish a peaceful, healing night and morning to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment